Full Time Speech and Language Pathologist
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Speech and Language Pathologist provides differential diagnostic and therapeutic services by assessing consumers with central or peripheral disorders of speech, language, voice, and/or swallowing. Provides expertise and early intervention assessments for families seeking California Early Start services under the San Diego Regional Center (SDRC). Assessments are conducted via telehealth and/or in the home environment.
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Speech and Language Pathologist will administer the Infant IDA, Rossetti, MCHAT, DAYC-2, vision and hearing with an Infant Specialist and finalized IFSP reports for submission to the SDRC.
- Defines patient's degree and type of speech, language, voice and swallowing impairment by selecting and administering the most appropriate test instruments; preparing written diagnostic reports.
- Speech and Language Pathologist will deliver results following assessment and submits reports within 24 hours
- Complies with federal, state and local legal and certification requirements by studying existing and new legislation. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Speech and Language Pathologist will attend and participate in staff meetings, training and in-services for Stars Therapy Services
- Complete administrative paperwork, monthly schedules, visits, travel expenses.
- California Driver's License
- Master's degree in Speech and Language Pathology, required
- Current California SP license; ASHA certification (CCC-SLP).
- Two or more years of related experience preferred; strong CF candidates considered for some location
- Trained in DAYC, IDA, Rossetti, MCHAT
- Work flexible hours to meet program requirements
- Bilingual (preferred)
- Proof of car insurance in employee's name and current address
- Must be CPR Certified (Adult, child, infant, AED) & First Aid
- Must be willing to submit driver's license and fingerprints for background check
- Must be able to submit verification of legal rights to work in the U.S. upon hire
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Independent Contractor
Pay: From $85,000.00 per year