Get Connected! This job is not at JobTarget, but the JobTarget Recruitment Services team is helping our client find a Director, Mortgage Servicing (Hybrid) in Rockville,MD. Once you Apply your resume will be reviewed by our team and if you are a match we will reach out to you to disclose the name of the company and connect you with the Hiring Manager.
Responsible for the successful management, operations and regulatory compliance of the FHLMC, FNMA and compnay's Mortgage Servicing Portfolio of first mortgage, and home equity loans. Manage and direct all Mortgage Servicing and Secondary Market functions, in accordance with the Investors' guidelines, CFPB/RESPA compliance requirements, as well as companys policies and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the compliance, accuracy and efficiency of all mortgage loan servicing functions – from new loans set up, to payments processing, escrows administration, investor reporting, remittance and reconciliations, ARM adjustments, PMI cancellations, statements, payoffs, lien releases, and all servicing reporting activities.
- Responsible for adhering to Freddie Mac's and Fannie Mae's requirements for reporting, remittances and account reconciliations.
- Supervise all Secondary Market functions, including the pricing and locking of loans, committing loans to Investors, loan deliveries and certifications, reconciling purchase advises, loan purchases and transfer of servicing rights.
- Develop new and maintain existing department operating procedures to ensure operational efficiencies and internal controls, and investor and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of FHLMC's and FNMA's servicing requirements, and regulations and compliance related to mortgage and home equity servicing.
- Implement department and individual goals, and set expectations to ensure consistent achievement of productivity, efficiency and quality work product by coaching, leadership and support to the Mortgage Servicing Team.
- Ensure timely and satisfactory resolution of all member requests, concerns and complaints.
- Ensure the maximum efficiency and member service by use of technology, service delivery, and communications channels.
- Oversee the annual IRS project for 1098 and 1099-INT statements.
- Develop and maintain the department's member correspondence, letters, templates and forms. Work with Loss Mitigation on mortgage loan workouts and modifications, as it relates to the servicing of loans in default.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing mortgage servicing operation to include FHLMC and FNMA servicing portfolio.
- Thorough knowledge of secondary market functions.
- Strong knowledge of CFPB, RESPA, FHLMC and FNMA mortgage servicing regulations and guidelines.
- Experience with FICS Mortgage Servicer is preferred.
- Strong technical skills.
- Superior leadership skills and abilities to manage, motivate, lead, coach and administer department personnel. Ability to multi-task and to function efficiently in a high volume, fast paced deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience with the interpretation, application and implementation of mortgage servicing laws, rules and regulations. Excellent written and oral communication skills in addition to interpersonal skills.