Get Connected! This job is not at JobTarget, but the JobTarget Recruitment Services team is helping our client find a Lead Business Loan Underwriter (WFH Flexible) in Rockville, MD. Once you Apply your resume will be reviewed by our team and if you are a match we will reach out to you to disclose the name of the company and connect you with the Hiring Manager.
The Lead Business Loan Underwriter will have a strong focus on commercial Conventional and Government Guaranteed Loans (such as SBA 7(a), SBA 504, and SBA Express) for the purposes of real estate, equipment, business acquisition, and working capital. The Lead Business Loan Underwriter is responsible for maintaining their department and assisting Business Lending from Origination to Servicing.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Extract financial and non-financial data from various accounting and information systems and documentation to determine appropriate analysis format.
- Evaluate Borrower and Guarantor's financial capacity, experience, and qualifications for the proposed loan request.
- Underwrite and analyze financial statements and federal tax returns, including cash flows, performance ratios, and performance to develop assessment of strengths and weaknesses pertaining to a Borrower's past and future operation.
- Perform collateral analysis as needed, including ordering and reviewing appraisals and environmental reviews.
- Collect and maintains industry data, research industry specific information from external sources, including conversations with the Borrowers, industry publications, credit agencies, and market analysts.
- Must be able to interpret compiled data and provide recommendation for program and portfolio enhancements.
- Prepare complex commercial credit analysis in proper format, context, and program (i.e. Conventional, SBA 7(a), SBA 504, or SBA Express) involving a full complete narrative, financial analysis, and recommendation in the form of a submission presentation to Senior Management.
- Establishes and maintains credit files for each relationship.
- Ensures that Member's credit analysis information, such as loan documentation, financial statements, tax information, credit history from trade references, and correspondence, are incorporated in the credit file.
- Provide guidance to Business Lending Team Members involved in the processing, closing, funding, and/or servicing of loans.
- Perform annual loan reviews of existing business relationships to monitor compliance with loan conditions and company's Member Business Lending Policy; ensuring that any credit covenants of the loan are in compliance. The annual loan review shall include an evaluation of the existing loan risk rating and a recommendation for any necessary changes in risk rating.
- Ensure sound analysis and lending procedures are followed at all times.
- Must remain in compliance with the company's Member Business Loan Policy, NUCA, Federal and State banking laws and regulations.
- Maintain the confidentiality and security of all Member or Associate personal and financial information.
- Resolve complaints from Members and nonmembers in a professional manner.
Requirements EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, with minimum of five (5) years' experience in commercial lending.
- Experience with a credit union background is desired.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and eligibility governing business lending practices across multiple programs.
- Knowledge and proficiency of commercial financial analysis and ability to underwrite to NCUA and SBA guidelines/eligibility to provide sound loan recommendations.
- Strong organizational ability with capacity to manage multiple simultaneous projects efficiently. Excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills required.
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to all Credit Union and Member information.
- Superior expertise with Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and other software.