An excellent opportunity exists to work for a government contractor with competitive compensation and work-life balance. Posterity Group, LLC is seeking a professional, experienced Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant
with a helpful attitude to join our family. Womack Army Medical Center provides a great opportunity to practice Emergency Medicine.Role and Responsibilities:
- Physician Assistant performing services under this contract shall have sufficient training and experience to be able to adequately perform credentialed medical procedures to include, but not limited to the following
- Administer intravenous, intramuscular and subcutaneous medications
- Collect and record, in proper format, medical and social historical data appropriate to the patient's condition.
- Perform a general physical examination. Record the findings in proper format and determine medical qualification for various purposes.
- Become familiar with the hospital formulary and prescribe pharmaceuticals according to the drugs listed.
- Generate and maintain proper medical records on beneficiaries to whom treatment is provided IAW AR 40-66, Medical Records and Quality Assurance Administration. All records generated in the performance of this contract remain the property of the government.
- Have a minimum one (1) year of clinical experience in Emergency Medicine to include two (2) years of primary care experience treating patients of all ages for routine, urgent and emergent diseases and injuries to include a minimum one (1) year of clinical experience in Emergency Medicine and no more than twelve (12) months since last work assignment in Primary Care, Urgent Care or Emergency Care.
- Graduate of an educational program accredited by the Committee of Allied Health Education and Accreditation on behalf of the American Medical Association.
- Graduate Physician Assistant (preferably, a residency trained Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant) qualified by academic and practical education to provide patient services as a physician extender under supervision of a physician in accordance to the AR 40-68.
- Be licensed as a PA with a currently valid, full and unrestricted license in one of the 50 states in the United States, and the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.