Why Morgan Olson?
With over 60 years of experience, Morgan Olson has become the industry leader in walk-in van production and creation. Morgan Olson builds the van body that all other delivery trucks aim to surpass. With a wider array of options and sizes, Morgan Olson designs walk-in vans customized for each customer's specific requirements. Thousands of satisfied companies cannot be wrong. Come join Morgan Olson, today!
The CNC Programmer
at Morgan Olson's Ringgold, Virginia location is a "hands-on" role that will:
Write code to automate power driven machines to cut and finish steel, aluminum and or other materials, necessary to supply manufacturing or service products with the parts needed for customer orders.
- Makes calculations for programming including where materials should be cut.
- Translates instructions into a computer automated manufacturing (CAM) program.
- Communicates with engineers and clients who will use the programs.
- Checks completed programs by running simulations or tests.
- Prepares geometric layout of designs using proper software.
- Determines sequence of operations in a program.
- Chooses cutting tools that will be needed.
- Analyzes job order and performs necessary calculations.
- Writes programs and modifies existing ones for increased efficiency.
- Analyzes and selects speeds and cutting tools for programs.
- Makes improvements to set up times for a task and contouring of complex shapes.
- Simplifies tooling time for workers and increases productivity for the client.
- Evaluates all completed designs to validate their functions and ensure they successfully reduce time and money for the customer
- Monitors all programs to make sure they follow blueprint instructions and safely and successfully complete the task
- Provides training for clients on automated systems
- Supports and participates in Morgan Olson's PPS team efforts.
- Adheres to Quality policy by exceeding customer expectations, being customer focused and supporting continuous improvement activities.
- Adheres to Safety policies and practices behavioral based safety 100% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
The best fit candidates will have and demonstrate:
- Associate's degree in CNC programming, a computer-related field or a mechanical field.
- Knowledge of electronics and machine tools.
- 5-7 years programming experience. Ability to write and read complex spreadsheets and blueprints.
- Proficiency in SigmaNest, TruTops, CamWorks and MasterCam software.
- High detail orientation with the ability to work effectively with little or no supervision.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with organizational and planning skills
- Mechanically aptitide/inclination and have knowledge of sheet metal fabrication.
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW with Morgan Olson.
offers comprehensive benefits, including health and welfare plus a generous employee referral program, an active work environment, and opportunities for career advancement, personal and professional growth.
Need to create a resume? Click here to create one for Free!Free Resume Builder