JobTarget is a leading company in the online job search and recruiting industry. Our team is comprised of experts in recruitment, eCommerce, and online job search. Our products are used by thousands of corporate recruiters and reach millions of job seekers. Our revenues are growing, and we are looking to expand our team. The company values work-life balance, rewarding risk and creativity, and an open culture.
About the Role
The Jr. Solution Architect will play a critical role in helping our product development teams create modern, well-considered applications that will delight our customers. You will take a leading role in various modernization efforts including: spearheading our efforts to create, compile, and collate accurate documentation for existing applications and services; and assisting in the creation of new, cutting-edge architectural designs that incorporate the latest methodologies and cloud-based solutions.
This is a remote-first role, however, we do have a great Stamford, CT office location as well, if that is more your style.
- Collaborate with Engineering team members and business stakeholders to determine requirements for new software tools and applications.
- Periodically audit existing technical documentation and ensure accuracy with current system implementations.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies that could increase efficiency, scalability, or performance.
- Assist in developing and refining new best practices and technical design standards.
- Help the product and development teams make informed decisions, while participating in product design sessions and bridging disconnected-but-related efforts.
- Understand the security implications of technical decisions and help teams develop secure systems.
- Prefer Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or Business with software engineering experience.
- 2+ years of web development and/or solutions engineering experience.
- Strong written communication skills
- Basic understanding of the fundamentals of API design, development, or administration.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements.
- Desire to continuously learn new skills independently or through company-sponsored training.
- Zeal for bringing order to chaos through the power of documentation!
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- General understanding of cloud development solutions (AWS ideally).
- AWS certification is a plus but not required.
JobTarget provides a high-energy growth environment, along with a competitive base salary and excellent benefits including PTO, medical, dental and 401(k) with match. Employees may also be eligible to participate in JobTarget's Equity Incentive Plan. Compensation commensurate with experience. JobTarget is an equal opportunity employer.