JobTarget is a leading company in the online job search and recruiting industry. Our team is comprised of experts in recruitment, ecommerce, and online job search. Our products are used by thousands of corporate recruiters and reach millions of job seekers. Our revenues are growing, and we are looking to expand our team. The company values work life balance, rewarding risk and creativity, and an open culture.
About this role:
We seek an experienced DevOps Engineer to help maintain and modernize our legacy and lean software architectures. The primary focus will be deploying and managing products and APIs to specification in the AWS public cloud. This role will involve building and growing platforms with support from a group of DevOps/Systems, Software, and Database Engineers.
- Manage, maintain, and monitor containerized applications.
- Deploy new applications and application environments, enhancements to existing applications, software packages, operating systems, and security patches
- Collaborate with other engineering staff in multiple time zones to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems
- Identify architectural changes to improve system performance, capability, and scalability of a wide variety of systems and environments
- Respond to outages in a timely manner, restoring services or finding the proper resources to assist
- Refine system/service monitoring prior to and in response to outages
- Write tooling to bridge engineering efforts with company-wide tools
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
- Create and maintain kernels and OS packages
- Provide general assistance for Tech Support and Data Center Operations staff
- Assist in the development and implementation of disaster recovery plans
- Perform general documentation and diagramming
- Train others on the systems and technologies you develop or help develop.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost-effectiveness and systems flexibility
- Create & maintain documentation as needed
- Perform code review
- Participate in an on-call schedule responsible for the functions listed above
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Experience with automation tooling such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with git or other version control systems
- Systems operations experience in a large-scale Linux environment.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices
- Experience working with virtualization or containerization platforms such as OpenStack, Docker, LXD, or others
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols and Internet standards, including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SMTP, and others.
- Software troubleshooting experience
- Working technical knowledge of Perl, Python, Bash, or other high-level programming languages
- Competence with testing, flowchart, and data mapping tools and procedures
JobTarget provides a high-energy growth environment, along with a competitive base salary and excellent benefits including PTO, medical, dental and 401(k) with match. Employees may also be eligible to participate in JobTarget's Equity Incentive Plan. Compensation commensurate with experience. JobTarget is an equal opportunity employer.