JobTarget is a leading company in the online job search and recruiting industry. Our team is comprised of experts in recruitment, ecommerce, and online job search. Our products are used by thousands of corporate recruiters and reach millions of job seekers. Our revenues are growing, and we are looking to expand our Finance team. The company values work life balance, rewarding risk and creativity, and an open culture.
About this role
We are seeking a Controller to take ownership of key financial operations. You will help us identify and automate manual processes to ensure success in scaling for future growth. You are comfortable dealing with high volume of transactions. You work well independently, but also thrive on collaborating with others to achieve common goals.
- Responsible for all financial planning, department budgeting, forecasting and analysis
- Generate department level P&Ls via web-based ERP system
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables and payroll
- Review ERP features and functionality, and make determinations on which should be adopted by Finance team processes
- Prepare monthly financial package for executive team and stakeholders
- Work closely with Product teams to automate internal and manual billing systems
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments
- Maintain the accuracy of the General Ledger
- Analyze general ledger accounts and explain variances
- Manage the Finance team members and ensure all monthly tasks are completed and accurate
- Prepare audit and tax schedules for CPA firm
- Coordinate contract renewals with Sales and Account Management teams
- Work closely with sales tax automation vendor and ensure proper filing to state agencies
- Work closely with Human Resources team on employee labor costs, benefits and equity tracking
- Assist with special ad hoc projects and reporting as needed
- Mix of both public and private accounting experience.
- CPA required.
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 5+ years of experience working in a similar role.
- Solid understanding of GAAP, ASC 606, accounting policies and financial reporting.
- Strong understanding of sales tax rules, guidelines and filing process.
- Proficient using Excel, including pivot tables and macros.
- Experience with cloud-based accounting software such as NetSuite or Sage Intacct required.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Experience with cloud-based CRM software such as Salesforce.
- Experience working with technical teams on API integrations and data syncs between multiple data systems preferred.
- Ability to work independently. Problem solver.
- Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and assist team on any tasks that need attention, including customer billing and processing AP bills.
- Prior management experience required.
JobTarget provides a high-energy growth environment, along with a competitive base salary and excellent benefits including PTO, medical, dental and 401(k) with match. Employees may also be eligible to participate in JobTarget's Equity Incentive Plan. Compensation commensurate with experience. JobTarget is an equal opportunity employer.