Job search is broken. Help us fix it! JobTarget is a leading company in the online job search and recruiting industry. Our team is comprised of experts in recruitment, ecommerce, and online job search. Our products are used by thousands of corporate recruiters and reach millions of job seekers. Our revenues are growing, and we are looking to expand our team. The company values work life balance, rewarding risk and creativity, and an open culture.
About the Position
The company values work life balance, rewarding risk and creativity, and an open culture. You, as our Platform Developer, will be a key member of the Software Development team by solving complicated, challenging problems with code and delivering solutions that make a real difference to job seekers and teams.
- Hands-on coding, unit-testing and maintenance of projects for the Engineering team, based on system specifications and Change Requests provided by the business team
- Oversee the automation of business and technical processes, trouble-shoot production issues and fix as needed, maintaining and improving deployed code as needed
- Work closely with the Product line Technical Leads and other software engineers to ensure that company coding standards, policies and IT procedures are observed, as well as participate in the evaluation and selection of new strategies and technologies
- Solid software development skills with experience building software developed in (at least one) .Net Framwork, Python, C#, or Java
- Solid RDBMS and NoSQL database experience. Specifically SQL Server, MySQL and MongoDB.
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Ability to rapidly learn new software languages, frameworks and APIs quickly
- Good knowledge of basic large-scale internet service architectures (such as load balancing, LAMP, CDN's, MEAN, Queues), even if you haven't worked on one
- Experience with common applications such as Apache, Redis, Git.
- Sound knowledge of UNIX, DNS, TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills
JobTarget provides a high-energy growth environment, along with a competitive base salary and excellent benefits including PTO, medical, dental and 401(k) with match. Employees may also be eligible to participate in JobTarget's Equity Incentive Plan. Compensation commensurate with experience. JobTarget is an Equal Opportunity Employer.