Job search is broken. Help us fix it! JobTarget is a leading company in the online job search and recruiting industry. Our team is comprised of experts in recruitment, ecommerce, and online job search. Our products are used by thousands of corporate recruiters and reach millions of job seekers. The company values work life balance, rewarding risk and creativity, and an open culture. driven, and open-minded. We're perpetually in search of ways to make the job search process better, so if you if you're up for the challenge, apply and let's make it better together.
About the Role
The Senior Data Engineer will be a key member of the Software Development. The Senior Data Engineer will primarily focus on building integrated system by working directly with Product Managers, Tech Leads and Big data/AI engineers catering to broader business needs. You will help maintain data lake, large scale distributed systems, transformation and modelling of data into usable data sets, help manage the modern data warehousing infrastructure, analyze key metrics for decision makers to provide visual insights that will change the company direction and benefit consumers. The ideal candidate will be someone who comes from a strong analytical background that has demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Build and maintain large scale distributed systems to support the whole pipeline from data collection and training to deployment and real-time key metrics and feedback.
- Design and manage data architecture standards, protocols, frameworks ensuring data security and compliance with the latest industry standards.
- Data modeling, master data management, enterprise data warehousing, ETL, reporting, querying, requirements, analysis, and data integration techniques.
- Work with the engineers who use the platform and help them be more impactful by improving the platform. Build abstractions to automate various steps in different ML workflows.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field such as Mathematics and Statistics, preferably with focus on Data Analytics.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in designing and building data pipelines, analytical data applications and BI Reporting.
- Proficient in SQL and Tableau, familiar with at least one coding language in Python, R or Scala.
- Analytical thinker with ability to continually analyze existing data stack and share new data product recommendations to improve data consolidation, management, analysis and interpretation.
- Experience in using Cloud based managed services and Big Data Environments for data warehousing/analytics is a big plus – e.g. Amazon RedShift, Snowflake.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Create data tools and analytics for business team members that assist them in building and optimizing the product into an innovative industry leader.
- Experience with AWS in enterprise cloud environment and technically skilled in modern big data principles and technologies.
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, DyanamoDB
- Use of open source tools while conducting analyses on large and unstructured datasets.
- Highly knowledgeable in key metric identification for driving and maintaining healthy business performance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to tell a story with the data
- Experience with leading large-scale multi-engineer projects
JobTarget provides a high-energy growth environment, along with a competitive base salary and excellent benefits including PTO, medical, dental and 401(k) with match. Employees may also be eligible to participate in JobTarget's Equity Incentive Plan. Compensation commensurate with experience. JobTarget is an equal opportunity employer.