JobTarget is a leading company in the online job search and recruiting industry. Our team is comprised of experts in recruitment, ecommerce, and online job search. Our products are used by thousands of corporate recruiters and reach millions of job seekers. The company values work life balance, rewarding risk and creativity, and an open culture. driven, and open-minded. We're perpetually in search of ways to make the job search process better, so if you if you're up for the challenge, apply and let's make it better together.
About the Role
The Junior Software Engineer will be a key member of the Software Development team by solving complicated, challenging problems with code and delivering solutions that make a real difference to job seekers and teams.
- Hands-on coding, unit-testing and maintenance of projects based on system specifications and change requests provided by the product team
- Work closely with technical leads in building new software according to best practices
- Respond to requests from the development team
- Research, design, and write new software programs and computer operating systems
- Work closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, UX designers, to enhance products
- Investigate new technologies
- Solid software development skills building software developed in (at least one) PHP, Python, Perl, C#, or Java
- Solid RDBMS and NoSQL database experience. Specifically SQL Server, MySQL and MongoDB.
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Knowledge about Threads and Queue and should be able to write asynchronous code
- Ability to rapidly learn new software languages, frameworks and APIs quickly
- Must know HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, handelBar JS , Java Script
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge about Docker and AWS cloud services
- Must know fundamentals of elastic Search how to write efficient Queries
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything!
JobTarget provides a high-energy growth environment, along with a competitive base salary and excellent benefits including PTO, medical, dental and 401(k) with match. Compensation commensurate with experience. JobTarget is an equal opportunity employer.