Provides clinical treatment and family support for clients with addictions and mental illness symptoms.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing assessment of clients' symptoms and response to treatment. Make appropriate changes to the treatment plan to ensure immediate interventions are provided in response to changes in behaviors/mental status.
- Provide direct clinical services to clients on an individual, group, and family basis in the office and in community settings through psychosocial treatment model with client determined goals.
- Educate and support clients' families and advocate for clients' rights and preferences
- Conduct holistic and comprehensive assessments along with other team members
- Act as liaison and consult with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process
- Document client progress to maintain a permanent record of client activity according to established methods and procedures.
- Provide service coordination (case management) for an assigned group of clients including coordinating and monitoring the activities of the individual treatment teams (ITT).
- Assume primary responsibility for developing, writing, implementing, evaluating and revising overall treatment goals and plans in collaboration with the client and the ITT
- With other team members, participate in on-call rotation for crisis intervention/support 7days/wk, 24hrs/day.
- Occasional interstate travel
- Other related duties as assigned
- Master's degree in relevant field required
- Post secondary school education and training is required, including internships and other supervised practical experiences in a clinical or rehabilitation setting with persons with severe and persistent mental illness and addictions disorders
- Must be licensed or certified to work in the field, abide by a code of ethical and practice standards and be committed to a process of lifetime knowledge and skills development.
- Must have skills and competencies to establish supportive trusting relationships with persons with severe and persistent mental illnesses as well as family and other members or the clients' network
- Must have valid driver's license, dependable automobile and a clean drivers record
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Problem solving skills on both strategic and functional levels
- Commitment to company values
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, drive a vehicle, use hands to type, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, bend, walk up and down stairs, talk, hear, and see. Employee must be able to occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds
- Work Environment: Most work is performed outside of the office setting