Memory Care or Assisted Living
Day, Evening, NOC, and On Call Shifts Available
AlmaVia of San Rafael
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? AlmaVia of San Rafael is a vibrant assisted living and memory care community. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents.
A Resident Assistant / Caregiver:
- Provides personal care and services to residents with dementia in accordance with resident needs, individual service plans and the philosophy of supportive and resident centered care.
- Helps residents with activities of daily living including personal care, bathing, grooming, dressing, bathroom assistance, light housekeeping, and group and individual activities.
- Provides meal and activity escort assistance - walking, wheelchair or walker.
- Documents care through electronic charting.
- Communicates with and responds to residents about their needs.
Here's what you need:
- At least 18 years of age.
- 6 months or more in long term care, home care or related field preferred.
- Passion, sensitivity and knowledge of working with older adults, the aging process and dementia care are essential.
- Working knowledge of computers and typing, sufficient enough to be successful with computerized Point of Care and other systems.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Effective English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Cleared Criminal Record clearance through the Department of Social Services prior to presence in the community.
- Working knowledge of Title 22.
- Current First Aid Training and Certifications as per Title 22.
- Health screening and TB test results not older than 6 months.
“Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status”