Compact Industries, Inc. is a family-owned and operated company in St. Charles, Illinois - specialized in contract manufacturing, blending and packaging of powdered food products since 1963.
Apply with us today to become a part of our growing team!
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Onsite Gym, Wellness Programs, Non-Exempt Sign-On Bonus.
Packaging Supervisor 1st Shift
First Shift: 4:00 am - 2:00 pm
Supervise the day to day activities of the packaging production department and personnel to meet established processing and quality controlled standards
- Attend production Meetings
- Read, understand and apply production Schedule for all production lines
- Hand out job assignments to each Machine Operator
- Organize and assigned work to packers and stackers and any other production personnel
- Ensure that all scheduled production can be made, with complete stocking of all raw materials and packaging materials before the line is set up.
- Coordinate product start ups from labor, equipment/tooling required and necessary materials.
- Communicate inventory discrepancies to scheduling personnel or manager.
- Ensure rework is opened and added to the run or organized in the rework area.
- Ensure the production floor is organized and clean at all times.
- Work with other departments to ensure production is fulfilling Quality and production standards.
- Verify production paperwork by line.
- Make sure all production personnel follow SOP's and GMP's at all times.
- Make recommendations for line efficiency and productivity improvements
- Ensure safety procedures / policies are followed.
- Walk through entire building checking all departments are functioning with the proper personnel.
- Check line speeds—evaluate production report
- Assist in company wide and/or customer specific stock takes.
- Assist in audits or customer visits.
- Provide supervision, training and coaching to packaging personnel
- Provide effective direction and coordination of all manufacturing activities
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Walking and standing 100% of the time
- Fast paced and stressful conditions at times.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel and Access
- Proficient on personal computers and Syspro
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities
- Ability to implement change
- Ability to motivate others and encourage TEAM development
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams.
- Bilingual skills (English / Spanish)
- 5 or more years manufacturing/food processing
- Diverse experience in the food industry
- Familiarity with AIB, GMP/SOP, HACCP and Safety