Compact Industries, Inc. is a family owned and operated company in St. Charles, Illinois - specialized in contract manufacturing, blending and packaging of powdered food products since 1963.
Apply with us today to become a part of our growing team!
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Onsite Gym, Wellness Programs, Non-Exempt Sign-On Bonus.
Sanitation Lead 2nd Shift
2nd Shift: 2:00 pm - 12:00 am
Maintain clean all areas in the building. Coordinate activities with coworkers, Supervisor and Sanitation Manager.
- Follow all cleaning procedures required for food safety and sanitation best practices.
- Make sure all the cleaning tools for employees are in place and in working order. Items like brushes, gloves, soap, napkins, garbage cans, etc.
- Inform the supervisor or manager when tools need repair or replacement.
- Coach Sanitation employees and work closely with them, following SOP's and GMP's.
- Complete tasks as laid out in Sanitation Lead Job Description or as assigned by management.
- Communicate issues or make recommendation for improvement to Supervisor and Sanitation Manager.
- Drive the team to complete assigned duties or Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) items.
- Ensure that appropriate person is signing off on the MSS.
- Communicate via radio with team and other departments.
- Work with other departments as needed to complete assigned tasks.
- Follow 5-S guidelines.
- Help implement change within the department through training, coaching, and adherence to new or updated methods of operation.
- Complete the Shift Report.
- Lead in a professional manner.
- Prepare the building for audits and customer visits.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Walking and standing 100% of the shift
- Lift or move up to 100 pounds
- Move cans or 55-Gallon drums as needed
- Drive a Lift Truck
- Willingness to learn
- Team oriented
- Ability to keep track of what the team is doing.
- Ability to redirect team as situations change.
- Ability to follow instructions
- Adaptable to change
High School or equivalent
Food industry or related.