by Community Tax is a tech forward rapidly growing accounting and bookkeeping company founded and funded by a leading national tax firm.
We are rapidly growing and evolving, creating the opportunity for you to get on board in the early stages of hyper growth and grow with the company. Your experience, skills, and motivation to grow professionally and personally can be your key to tremendous growth potential and upside, while enjoying an innovative culture doing work you love.
This is a remote, work-from-home position with flexible hours. If you are located near one of our offices you will have the opportunity to work in our office in Chicago, IL or Joplin, MO or new Fort Lauderdale, FL office, when conditions allow for a safe return to an office environment, and the flexibility and technology to support a continued work from home opportunity if you prefer.
The Bookkeeper we are looking for is a stickler for excellence and accuracy, has exceptional accounting skills, and is tech-savvy and result-oriented by nature. You pride yourself on providing excellent service to small business clients who count on your skills to know their books are in in order, allowing them to focus on running their businesses. To be a good fit for our team requires a positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to keep things running smoothly.
This position will begin as a remote, work from home role and will return to an office setting once circumstances allow.You Will Be:
- Using QuickBooks Online, Hubdoc, and Karbon software daily
- Entering transactions correctly
- Making Journal Entries as needed
- Reconciling accounts and fixing things when they go wrong on the books
- Preparing monthly financial statements
- Following and contributing new ideas to our bookkeeping best practices
- Interacting directly with clients as needed
With Finance Pal by Community Tax, you'll be joining a collaborative team that enjoys providing innovative solutions for clients everyday. You'll have the opportunity to build your career with a great group of people, while enjoying a culture that supports your success, and enjoy full benefits that include a 401(k) with company match.
Position Requirements POSITION REQUIREMENTSYou Have:
- Three to Five years experience in bookkeeping in a public accounting firm environment working under a more experienced accountant
- Experience working with clients in a professional setting
- Strong proficiency in QuickBooks Online (QBO) - certification a Plus
- The ability to not get ruffled by tight deadlines or potentially stressful situations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A willingness to learn and follow processes
- Professional but not stuffy
- Driven by getting things done quickly and accurately
- A believer in creating and always improving processes
- Not a fan of drama
- Passionate about helping clients
- Looking for a place where you will make a real difference on a team
- Excited by the idea of having responsibilities and things that you “own”
- Interested in technology and learning new software
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Position Bookkeeping / Accounting Clerk Post Internal Days 0 About the Organization Community Tax, LLC ('CTAX') is a full service tax company dedicated to assisting taxpayers nationwide with all of their tax related needs. Originally founded as a tax resolution company staffed with Attorneys, CPA's and Enrolled Agents, CTAX has grown into a leading national provider of tax resolution, tax preparation, bookkeeping and accounting services. As we have evolved and grown, Community Tax has remained dedicated to its founding mission and principals; top notch customer service, a guarantee on our work and a commitment to customer satisfaction, no matter what it takes. Given Community Tax's extensive history of helping tens of thousands of taxpayers face difficult situations with both the Internal Revenue Service IRS and/or State Taxing Authorities; we truly understand and care about our customers' individual needs. Our dedicated tax professionals will work with you to custom tailor a tax strategy geared not just towards the present, but the future as well.
For clients facing problems with back taxes or pressure from the IRS or State, Community Tax will not only achieve the best and most affordable resolution option possible, but we will implement a resolution intended to insure IRS and/or State compliance and prevent the situation from reoccurring. Whether you are looking to address an IRS tax lien or levy notices, services unfiled income tax returns, business tax problems, garnished wages or any other issues, we are here to assist you. Thousands of people have turned to Community Tax because they trust the professional knowledge and understanding that comes along with hiring our team of seasoned tax practitioners. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.