Speech Language Therapist
Are you a dynamic, optimistic, and friendly Speech Language Pathologist who loves making a difference in the lives of children? Oceanside Therapy Group has the opportunity for you! We are an outpatient pediatric clinic servicing the needs of children in North San Diego County. We are currently seeking to hire a motivated licensed Speech Language Pathologist to join our team.
- Speech Language Pathologist diagnoses and treats individuals with speech, language, swallowing, voice, and fluency impairments.
- Speech Language Pathologist performs speech and language examinations to learn the patient's degree of impairment.
- Speech Language Pathologist evaluates hearing and /or speech and language test results.
- Speech Language Pathologist evaluates test results from other facilities and overall medical background information to formulate treatment plan of care.
- Speech Language Pathologist diagnoses patients and formulates treatment plans for speech, language, fluency, voice, or swallowing impairments.
- Speech Language Pathologist educates patients and family members about the various communication techniques or strategies to cope with the impairment.
- Speech Language Pathologist writes reports and maintains client information for the purposes of evaluation, treatment progress and discharge of client.
- Speech Language Pathologist performs administrative responsibilities, coordinates paperwork, writes daily notes and assists with scheduling and/or any other appropriate patient information and/or recordkeeping for administrative, billing and caseload purposes.
- Speech Language Pathologist develops individual and/or group activities and/or programs to manage behavior, speech, language or swallowing problems.
- Speech Language Pathologist participates in and writes reports for insurance regarding patients' progress.
- Speech Language Pathologist collaborates with other professionals in the planning and implementing of individualized educational planning (IEP) meetings, in-service meetings, or intervention assistance team meetings when appropriate.
- Speech Language Pathologist instructs clients with techniques for more effective communication, such as sign language, AAC, or PECS.
- Speech Language Pathologist performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- The Company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Minimum Education: Master's Degree is required.
- License/Certification: California Appropriate certifications.
- CCCs required.
- Tricare credentialed preferred.
- Must possess knowledge regarding the various tests required to perform patient evaluations.
- Must possess knowledge of principles, methods and procedures for diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of speech, language, fluency, voice or swallowing impairments.
- Must possess the ability to work with infants, children and adolescents to understand their problems of speech, language and communication.
- Must possess knowledge of the various games and activities to make the atmosphere conducive for children with speech related problems.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to perform accurate recordkeeping and administrative functions.
Full time benefits: Health insurance, dental, vision, PTO, and holiday pay in addition to all part time benefits.
If you meet the requirements do not hesitate to apply.